RP 408 | SBA 19715
- DOLFINA CUARTETERA
- SPORT FASHION
First generation stallion that has recently joined Los Pingos del Taita team of stallions. His genetics combines the best of the Polo Argentino breed.
Paternal Line DURAZNO
Stallion co-owned by La Dolfina and Los Machitos. In 2006, his first products made their debut in the Argentine Triple Crown. Today there are more than 30 progeny sired by Durazno competing in the Argentine Opens and more than 60 playing high handicap in Argentina and the USA. He has maintained the 2# ranking in the AACCP (Argentine Polo Polo Breeders Association) leading sires list since 2011.
Argentine Triple Crown: MACHITOS PECA, M. VIPARITA, M. CINDY, M. MARADONA, M. ALCAPARRA, CHALO IRUPE, CHALO EXPLOSIVA, DINORA, DOLFINA MARGARINA, M. SERENA, M. BUGSY, MACHITOS BONO, M. BAGUITO, M. MINDY, M. SCARLET, M. YASMÍN, M. GANJA, M. OLIVIA, D. CIENA, DOLFINA RAMITA, M. SANTA ROSA, M. VODKA, M. COQUENA.
Among his offspring, the following stand out:
- MACHITOS BRUNILDA: Best Playing Pony Hampton Cup 2011, and Best Playing Pony Fall Cup 2012. Played in Argentine Open tournaments by D. Stirling.
- CHALO EXPLOSIVA: several awards and nominations at the Triple Crown, ridden by B. Castagnola. She claimed the “Mejor Producto Jugador Inscripto Polo Argentino” prize at the 2014 Palermo Open, where she was ridden by Alejandro Novillo Astrada.
- MACHITOS DANIEL: Best Playing Pony Silver Cup 2013 ridden by Nick Manifold.
- MACHITOS MARADONA: one of M. Aguerre’s five best ponies in his career. Golden Goal at the 2009 Open’s final for La Dolfina.
- M. VERSUIT: Best Playing Pony East Coast Open 2011, Best Playing Hampton Cup 2012, and Best Playing Les Armour Cup 2012.
- M. PECA and M. VIPARITA: played in all of M. Aguerre’s Opens. Afterwards, they were exported to the USA, where they were ridden in all the high handicap tournaments by “Sapo” Caset. **BPP Buttler Handicap Cup 2013**, ridden by G. Caset, and **BPP Abierto de La Aguada 2009**.
- M. ALCAPARRA: BPP Copa de Diamante 2008, ridden by Bartolomé Castagnola. She was awarded the “Mejor Producto Inscripto Polo Argentino” by Jaeger Le Coultre at the VI Copa Diamante 2008 final.
- M. SERPICO: Best Horse at Mercedes Benz Challenge 2008 and 2009, Best Horse at US 2008 Season, Best Horse at The Graff Cup 2009, and Best Playing Pony at the 2011 US Open quarter-finals.
- M. BONO: Triple Crown.
- M. YASMÍN: Best Playing Pony at La Aguada Open 2011.
- MACHITOS KARINA and MACHITOS PATAIA: new ponies.
- DOLFINA LA VÁZQUEZ: First Place and Division Winner at the 2001 Rural Exhibition in Palermo.
- M. SINDY, DOLFINA MARGARINA, CHALO IRUPE and M. SCARLET: ridden in Opens.
- M. MINDY: high handicap in the USA with W.B.F. She was imported to play in the 2010 Argentine Open Championship with P. Bensadón.
- M. VENTURA: ridden in all the high handicap Opens by Nicolás Roldán.
- M. BRUJITO: ridden in an 80-goal match by Adolfo Cambiaso in 2008.
- M. BUGSY: ridden in all the Opens by F. Mannix.
- M. SALOMÉ, M. MOSCÚ and M. MIMICHA: high handicap ponies.
- M. SANTA ROSA: currently ridden in Opens by Pelón Stirling.
- M. FOLDY: currently playing high handicap with Sebastián Merlos.
- M. ROBIN: currently ridden by Pascual Vicuña.
- M. CINDY: ridden in all the Opens by M. Aguerre and then exported to the UK by Lyndon Lea.
- M. KURNI: high handicap with Mariano Aguerre and 2008 US Open, also with Mariano Aguerre.
- M. CHALA MAN: sold at auction in 2009, Santiago Ballester, to Magoo Laprida.
- M. GAROTA: BPP Veuve Clicquot Cup 2007. High handicap with Mariano Aguerre. Currently ridden in France by P. Bensadón.
- M. LEILA: Best Horse Outback League 2008. Imported by T. García del Río to play in the 2010 Argentine Open Championship.
- M. OLIVIA: ridden in all the Opens by R. Baillieu.
- M. VODKA: imported by T. García del Río to play in the 2010 Argentine Open Championship.
- M. SERENA: among the best mares. She is currently playing with Víctor Vargas.
The following horses made their debut in the 2014 Argentine Triple Crown: M. MESQUITE, Hilario Ulloa, La Alegría; M. MANUCHAO, M. Aguerre, Ellerstina; M. VERSUIT, M. Aguerre; D. EL VENTURA, A. Cambiaso, La Dolfina; D. LA VÁZQUEZ, G. Caset, La Aguada; DOLFINA POPULAR, G. Caset, La Aguada; M. VITABELLA, F. Mannix, La Alegría; TAITA SERRILLANA, ridden in the 2014 Argentine Triple Crown by Magoo Laprida, and awarded the “Mejor Jugador Polo Argentino Inscripto” at the Gold Cup; D. EL ESTILO, A. Muzzio, Magual; D. WANAMA, P. Mc Donough, La Dolfina.
Stallions sired by Durazno:
- DOLFINA EL MESSI (Dolfina Cuartetera), DOLFINA EL VENTURA (Dolfina Buenaventura) ridden in the Triple Crown, and MACHITOS ANDINO (Nevada) stallion sold at auction in 2010. All of them stand in service at Los Pingos del Taita.
- MACHITOS LÍBANO (Lambada): sold at auction in 2007 for record price;
- MACHITOS TRAVOLTA (Pigmea): stallion sold at auction in 2009, and exported to Brazil;
- MACHITOS BARDEN (Pigmea), MACHITOS MITO (M. Mechera) and MACHITOS GOLIAT (M. Goldie): Los Machitos’ new reserved stallions;
- DOLFINA MARADONA (Dolfina Cuartetera): stallion sold at auction in 2011, his first progeny were born in 2012;
- M. NEVADO: Haras Los Machitos’ stallion;
- M. VITICO: Haras Los Machitos’ stallion.
Son of PUCARA
Sire of excellent horses that play for Cría Tanoira. He has the highest percentage of progeny playing in the Argentine Open Championship, and more than 70 sons and grandsons playing in the Palermo Open Championship.
- PASTORA: plays all the most esteemed Opens.
- YAPA: plays in all the most esteemed Opens (G. Pieres and M. Aguerre).
- LLANURA: all Opens (M. Aguerre, A. Cambiaso and G. Pieres).
- OPEN XELENE: ridden in Opens by G. Pieres (s).
- M. JAZZ: ridden in Opens (M. Aguerre).
- SIBERIA: Palermo Open (C. Gracida).
- RUSITA: Palermo Open (G. Pieres).
- TACUARA: Palermo Open (R. Sola).
- PAISANA: Cámara de Diputados Cup and Indios Tortugas Open Championship (M. Aguerre).
- GUADAÑA: Cámara de Diputados Cup (C. Laprida - exported to the USA).
- FALOPA: Cámara de Diputados Cup (J. Tanoira).
- CARMELA: British Gold Cup.
- GUERRILLERA: ridden by I. Heguy (Tortugas Open).
- PEBETA: Cámara de Diputados Cup (exported to the USA).
- POLÍTICA: exported to Brunei.
- GAUCHA: sold to I. Heguy.
- RAISA: Palermo Open (J. Tanoira).
- CARDO: Indios Tortugas Open (F. Bensadón).
- PRIMAVERA (ARAÑA): Palermo Open (B. Castagnola).
- MAMADERA: S. Merlos (imported from the USA in 2004).
- FLAUTA: Cámara de Diputados Cup (J. Hall).
- TIGRA: Palermo Open (J. Tanoira).
- MEDALLA: US Open (M. Aguerre).
- MARCELO: US Open (F. Bensadón).
- MELÓN: Cámara de Diputados Cup (G. Von Wernich).
- TINTO: Palermo Open (M. Garrahan).
- RABANITO: Cámara de Diputados Cup (C. Bernal).
- RUSO: US Open (C. Gracida).
- CHINO: Palermo Open (B. Castagnola).
- COSACO: US Open and Sotogrande Gold Cup (E. Novillo Astrada).
- ARANDELA: Palermo Open (J. Novillo Astrada).
- GETE ANESTESIA: Palermo Open (J. Novillo Astrada); recognized by the AACCP as “Mejor Producto Jugador Inscripto Polo Argentino” at Cámara de Diputados Cup 2002.
- TIMBA: Cámara de Diputados Cup (F. Bensadón).
- PINCELADA: Cámara de Diputados Cup (F. Bensadón).
- TACAÑA: Palermo Open (M. Novillo Astrada).
- CAROLINA, MARICA and POLO PÚRPURA: Palermo Open (S. Chavanne, 2004).
- RATA: Palermo Open 04 (A. Heguy (s)).
- MALVA: Palermo Open 04 (B. Castagnola).
- FUNKY and ÓPERA: Palermo Open 04 (M. Aguerre).
- PARÍS CHAMPAGNE and OPEN LECHUZA VIII: Palermo Open 04 (J. I. Merlos).
- IRENITA FANTA: Palermo Open 04 (P. Mac Donough).
- ELLERSTINA TINTA: Palermo Open 04 (G. Pieres (s)).
- IRENITA FANÁTICA and IRENITA FAVORITA: Palermo Open 04 (M. Mac Donough).
- GETE ARANDELA: Palermo Open (A. Cambiaso (s) 04 and Pablo Mac Donough 05- 2 chukkers in the final).
- MASERATI: 2005Palermo Open (A. Agote).
His father, SEQUITO, was bred by H. Barrantes. He was one of the best polo stallions of the last years. Sire of a large number of horses that play in Opens for La Espadaña and other teams, such as LEVICU (several times Best Playing Pony in the USA). Some of them are: LAMBADA, TINTO, PELUSA PICANTE, CAIPIRINHA, POLCA, AMPOLLA, ESCOPETA, CARABINA, CHICHACA, NOVICIA, FUYÍ, RUSA NEGRA, PISTOLA, CHICO, UZI, PATADA, BAMBINO, CINDY, PRIMERA, POLILLA and BRUJO. They all play high handicap.
His mother, RUBIA, was bred by Dowling. She was a very good player. Her granddam, MALA ESPINA, was an outstanding player, as well.
SON OF GUINDA
Who comes from Dowling’s breeding. For 11 seasons, she was ridden in all the Tortugas, Hurlingham and Palermo Opens by Gonzalo Tanoira, even in 2 chukkers. Then, she became an outstanding dam at Cría Tanoira.
- GUINDADO (Pucará): Cría Tanoira’s valued stallion. His first offspring were trained in 2001. He sired: Gete Lupa, Palermo Open (S. Chavanne, D. Stirling (s));
- Gete Laika, Palermo Open (S. Chavanne);
- Gete Estrella, Palermo Open (S. Chavanne);
- Gete Pinturita, sold at auction in 2000 to Neuss Agropecuaria, Palermo Open (G. Pieres (s));
- Gete Laguna, Palermo Open 2008 (S. Chavanne);
- Gete Lagartija, British Gold Cup (S. Chavanne);
- Gete Cartagena, sold at auction in 2001 to R. Sola, Palermo Open 2006 (R. Sola), dam of Cachiyuyo As De Basto, who was Grand Champion in the 2011 Rural Exhibition;
- Gete Fiesta, Hurlingham Open (G. Pieres (s));
- Gete Gala, sold at auction in 2001 to B. Heguy, Tortugas Open, British Gold Cup (M. Heguy);
- Gete Tempera, Hurlingham Open (J. Novillo Astrada);
- Gete Lucero, sold at auction in 2002 to E. Novillo Astrada, Palermo Open (I. Novillo Astrada);
- Gete Frida, Palermo Open (P. Mac Donough);
- Gete Nutria, Palermo Open (L. Tomlinson);
- Gete Rodesia, Cámara de Diputados Cup 2008 (S. Tanoira);
- Gete Radical, sold at auction in 2007 to D. Miguens, high handicap in 2012 (J. García Huidobro).
- GETE GALGO (Fantasioso): trained by Polito Ulloa. He was Reserve Grand Champion at the 2002 Rural Exhibition. The first progeny sired by him were trained in 2005, among which the following stand out: Gete Ginebra (VODKA), Gete Nave (MIEL), Gete Brahman (BRAHMA), Gete Silbido (SIBERIA), Gete Heroína (FALOPA), Gete Minishort (POLLERITA), Gete Argos (ARANDELA), Gete Arameo (ARANDELA), Gete Leona (JIRAFA), Gete Serenata (TIJUANA).
Maternal Line DOLFINA CUARTETERA
Chosen as “Mejor Producto Polo Argentino” at the Palermo Open Championship in 2006, 2009 and 2012. She was awarded the Lady Susan Townley Award at the Argentine Open Championship 2009, 2010 and 2014. Adolfo Cambiaso considers her the best pony in his career.
- DOLFINA TETERA: "Mejor Producto Polo Argentino" at the 2014 Jockey Club Open final.
- DOLFINA BAILANTERA: ridden in the Argentine 2013 high handicap season, even in the Tortugas Open, by Adolfo Cambiaso. She played in the British Gold Cup and in Sotogrande.
- CLONES CUARTETERA: currently playing high handicap.
- DOLFINA CUMBIERA: ridden in the 2014 Triple Crown by A. Cambiaso.
- DOLFINA POPULAR: ridden in the 2014 Triple Crown by G. Caset.
Dam of stallions, such as
- DOLFINA TIGER (Don Cartero): currently in service at Los Pingos del Taita.
- DOLFINA MARADONA (Durazno): sold for record price in 2011 La Dolfina’s auction; his first offspring were born in 2012.
Daughter of SPORTIVO
Ellerstina’s No. 1 sire. He is the only stallion in history to have claimed the Premio Lady Susan Townley and the AACCP Award with two different progeny, a stallion and a mare, in the same year.
In 2013, 16 of his daughters played in the Triple Crown for the first time:
- O. ILIMITADA: made her debut in the 2013 Tortugas Open with G. Pieres.
- OPEN AUSTRALIA: made her debut in the 2013 Tortugas Open with F. Pieres; Jackie’s first daughter born in Argentina; played in the 2014 Triple Crown with N. Pieres.
- OPEN SYDNEY (Jackie): made her debut in the 2013 Tortugas Open with F. Pieres; played in the Triple Crown in ‘13 and ‘14.
- OPEN CHEQUERA (Cheta): made her debut in ’13; played in the Triple Crown in ’13 and ‘14 by F. Pieres. One of F. Pieres’ best ponies at the moment.
- OPEN IMAGEN: reserved season 2014.
- OPEN SUMA: made her debut in ’13; played in the 2014 Triple Crown with D. Stirling (s).
- OPEN CATENA (Claret): was nominated to the Best Playing Pony honors at the 2013 Tortugas Open; she was played in the Triple Crown in ’13 and ’14 both by Gonzalo and Nicolás Pieres.
- MACHITOS ABRIL: made her debut in the Triple Crown with E. Novillo.
- YATAY PEARL JAM: made her debut in ’13; played in the 2014 Tortugas Open by P. Pieres (s).
- OPEN ORACIÓN: reserved by Ellerstina for the 2013 Triple Crown.
- OPEN TORERO, OPEN PELEADOR, OPEN NOVA, OPEN PASTILLA.
Of his progeny, the following stand out:
- D. TORO: “Mejor Producto Jugador Inscripto” at the Palermo Open in 2008 and 2010. He played in three chukkers in the Open’s final in 07 and 08. His first offspring were born in 2008.
- E. FELICIDAD (Simpática): ridden in all Opens being 5 years old by F. Pieres and M. Mac Donough. Finals at Palermo in ’05, ’07, ’09, ’10, ’11 and ’12. Triple Crown in ’07, ’08 and ’09 with G. Pieres (s).
- MALAQUITA: Triple Crown in ’06, ’07 and ’08 with G. Pieres. Pieres’ best pony in 2010 British Season. Best Playing Pony award at Sotogrande ’10 with F. Pieres. Exported to the USA, where she played and won the US Open ’12 and ’13 with F. Pieres.
- OPEN PASARELA (Rusita): Triple Crown in ’10, ’11, ’12, ’13 and ’14.
- OPEN DALMA (Lechuza): Triple Crown in ’12 and ’13 with F. Pieres. Exported to the UK, where she played and won the 2014 Queen’s Cup.
- OPEN KODAMA (Jackie): sold at Ellerstina’s auction in ’08. Made her debut in the 2014 Triple Crown with F. Pieres.
- TOP MODEL (Rusita): Best Playing Pony at the UK Gold Cup 2013. Triple Crown in ’10 and ’12.
- CAREI (Tortuga): Triple Crown in ’10, ’11, ’12, ’13 and ’14.
- OPEN SHARAPOVA (Kurny): made her debut in the 2014 Triple Crown with Facundo Pieres.
- OPEN ALLENDE: 2013 Triple Crown.
- OPEN ALFONSINA: sold at Ellerstina’s auction in ’08. Currently playing her first practice matches with impressive results.
- OPEN EASY BAILAMOS: currently playing her first tournaments.
- OPEN SEXY: new mare currently playing her first practice matches. Alfa mare at training and making. Due to her high quality, she was sent to the Embryo Center.
- BAYOS RESPIRO: ridden in the 2014 Tortugas Open by Guillermo Caset.
- OPEN COPETINERA and CACHIYUYU AS DE BASTO: ridden in the 2014 Tortugas Open by Facundo Sola.
- GRAPPA CONCHETA: ridden in the 2014 Tortugas Open by Jaime García Huidobro.
- MACHITOS CHARITA: made his debut in the 2014 Triple Crown, ridden by M. Aguerre.
- ELLERSTINA PENCA: Triple Crown in ’05, ’06 and ’07 with F. Pieres and, in ’09, with G. Pieres (s).
- CHALO PORTEÑA: 2007 Open final with B. Castagnola.
- CHALO PRIMERA: 2007Palermo Open final with B. Castagnola.
- GRAPPA CONSAGRADA: 2008 Triple Crown with G. Pieres (s). In her first season, she played in the Palermo Open final. 2009 Triple Crown with G. Pieres (s).
- DOLFINA PEHUAJO: currently played in the USA by A. Cambiaso.
- ELLERSTINA ASPIRINA: Reserve Grand Champion at the 2003 Rural Exhibition. Ridden by Nicolás Pieres during season ‘07.
- ELLERSTINA VENGATIVA: ridden in season ’07 by G. Pieres (s) and, in season ’08, by P. Mac Donough in the USA.
- ELLERSTINA AGUA MARINA: US Open ’08 and ’09 with F. Pieres.
As stalions, the following stand out:
- MACHITOS CHELO (M. JAZZ): stands in service at Los Pingos del Taita. His genetics combines the traits of 5 consecutive winners of the “Mejor Producto Jugador Inscripto Polo Argentino Abierto”. His first offspring headed the sales at Los Machitos and La Dolfina’s auctions. In 2012, his first sons were set apart for training and their future is promising. Sire of: DOLFINA FRONTIER, Grand Champion at 2014 Palermo Rural Exhibition, First Place and Division Winner at 2014 Palermo Rural Exhibition; CAÑA LA CHICHO, First Place and Division Winner at 2013 Río Cuarto Rural Exhibition; VE OCHO GONDOLA, Grand Champion at 2014 Río Cuarto Rural Exhibition, First Place and Division Winner at 2014 Río Cuarto Rural Exhibition; CAÑA SHANSI, First Place and Division Winner at 2014 Palermo Rural Exhibition.
- ENIGMA PETRUS (CLARET); FINO LOTUS (F. ILUSIONADA); OPEN BALLET (LAMBADA), D. Cuartetera; at present, all of them stand in service at Los Pingos del Taita.
- OPEN ILUMINADO (E .ILUSIONADA): his first progeny are 3 years old, and they have exhibited early maturity and aptitude.
- OPEN DREAM (ILUSIÓN): Ellerstina’s new stallion.
- OPEN CABERNET (CLARET): exceptional combination of Australian and Argentine blood. Stallion reserved by Ellerstina due to its excellent genetics. His first offspring were born in ’09 and started to be trained in ’12, showing great condition.
- OPEN ESPACIAL: important stallion owned by Ellerstina.
- MACHITOS LÍDER: sold at auction in 2012 at record price. It is partly owned by Los Machitos and it stands in service at Biopolo center.
- OPEN PONCHO
- MACHITOS VITICO: polo stallion sold at auction in 2012; ridden in the 2013 Triple Crown by F. Mannix.
- MACHITOS PARKER, MACHITOS KRUPA and OPEN EL PADRINO, among others.
Daughter of LODE
LODE, sired 4 champions and 42 graded winners, 25 of which are group I winners. His progeny have obtained wins, places and shows in the USA, Argentina, Brazil, Singapore, Germany, South Africa and France.
Sire of horses ridden in Opens:
- Mecha (x BLESS MY WAY): F. Pieres’ outstanding pony. Seasons ’06, ’07, ’08 and ’09. She played 3 chukkers in the 2007 Palermo Open final and 2 chukkers in the 2008 Argentine Open final. Cassia (x CASSIA): Triple Crown with Marcos Heguy.
- Pancha (x HOWSYAFATHER): Triple Crown ’08 and ’09 with F. Pieres, even 2 chukkers in the 2008 final. Owned by F. Lanusse.
Sire of stallions, such as:
- Don Cartero: Haras La Dolfina’s stallion. He stands in service at Los Pingos del Taita.
DAUGHTER OF LAMBADA
Ridden in all Opens. "Mejor Ejemplar por Tipo y Aptitud" AACCP 1999 prize and "Mejor Producto Jugador Inscripto" at the 113° Argentine Open Championship in 2006. From one of the best polo families.
She was ridden in Opens by Carlos Gracida, Gonzalo Pieres, Gonzalo Pieres (s), Adolfo Cambiaso, Mariano Aguerre and Fabio Diniz.
- ELLERSTINA PORTUARIA (El Sol): donor at Los Pingos del Taita.
- ELLERSTINA TIMBA: from 2003 to 2009, ridden in Opens by Facundo Pieres. Currently playing her eighth season.
- OPEN TALISMÁN (Sobornado): ridden in Opens in 2003 and 2004 by Gonzalo Pieres (s).
- DOLFINA RITMO: Adolfo Cambiaso’s stallion.
- LOS MACHITOS LÍBANO: sold to Mariano Aguerre for record price in 2007 auction. At present, he stands in service at La Irenita center.
- MALAMBO: Triple Crown with B. Castagnola.
- M. LIBERIA and M. LANTANA: new ponies.
- M. LADY: new mare- a great project.
- M. LÍDER: new stallion, sold as sire in a 2012 auction for record price.
Maternal granddam of:
- OPEN COPETINA: ridden in the 2014 Tortugas Open by Facundo Sola.
Daughter of SEQUITO
SEQUITO, was bred by Héctor Barrantes. He is considered one of the best polo stallions of the last years. His most renowned progeny are: Novicia, Pucará, Levicu and Simpática, among others.
Her dam, CUMBIA (Top Secret), is considered Founding Dam and dam of:
- Machitos Jazz (Pucará): all Opens with Mariano Aguerre. "Mejor Jugador Inscripto Polo Argentino" prize at the 2007 Palermo Open.
- Machitos Ópera (Pucará): played 2 chukkers in all the Palermo Argentine Open Championship finals where Mariano Aguerre was chosen MVP (2004, 2005 and 2007).
- Machitos Funky (Pucará): all Opens with Mariano Aguerre.
- Machitos Batucada (Ellerstina Pícaro): ridden in the 2009 Triple Crown by Mariano Aguerre.
- Rastafa:"Mejor Caballo por Tipo y Aptitud" prize at the 2000 Jockey Club Open. Exported to the USA where she played in all the high handicap tournaments.